Tuesday, December 07, 2004

View from my office window

We've finally had our first really good snow storm. Mt. Bachelor has been open, but the skiing/boarding has been pretty weak. Thankfully, it's been snowing hard for the past couple of days and is supposed to continue to do so for a while.

This is part of the view from my office window - this is what I see when I'm sitting at my desk and looking just to the left of my computer monitor. That's the Deschutes River and a city park on the other side. From this window I frequently see ducks, geese, river otters, hawks, along with the occansional ospry and bald eagle. Yesterday a bald eagle flew right under my window as it was flying up the river.

When the clouds are gone I get to have a nice view of Mt. Bachelor and the Three Sisters mountains just around the corner. No complaints here.